Mike Hildreth 18/2/2008
skeletal instructions - will update later
step1: find two files you would like to overlay
step2: execute the DataMixingModule
- checkout SimGeneral/DataMixingModule and cd to it's test directory
- in the test directory, change in data/mm.cfg the name of the input file to
your "signal" file.
- in the plugins directory, change mixOne.cfi so that it contains the name of
the second "background" file.
- do cmsRun mm.cfg - you should get a TestMix.root file.
step3: Run Reconstruction.
- in the Configuration/data directory, there are a host of modified .cfg/.cfi
files that point Reconstruction at the modified "merged" digis or RecHits.
RecoExample.cfg can be used to run reconstruction on TestMix.root to see what